31/01/2012

Nothing much to report....


I got out for a couple of hours this morning, but with a biting easterly and heavy rains and swell, i figured i would be just getting some fresh air.
And i was right....i brought the fly rod so i could get some practice in and at first fished off a sheltered man made structure in the harbour with the T11 Rio sinking line and some minnow type flies. Nothing doing, so i switched to the Ghost tip floating/sink tip and went on a ramble along the shore chucking clousers into gullies and any feature i could find, with slow retrieves but nothing doing and no sign of fish life...
I thought i may winkle out a small Pollack, but no joy......eventually, the cold sent me packing with tears and runny nose and...i forgot my gloves!!!
My hands burned all the way back in the car!