05/06/2010

Summer Cod.

I was sitting there tackling up and looked up for no reason to see a basking shark swim off my bow about 20 feet away...UNREAL... and my phone was in my dry bag....i sat looking at it swimming not feeding... and it was at least the size of my P13....maybe more not sure... it took me by surprise...big smile on my face!!
Black feathers went down and bang... brace of pollack up.
O.K. get the phone out...
feathers down again and bang...feathers gone....S**t....
Jellys on and more pollack ...then some cod (new species)and more pollack during the day...
Later while trolling back to shore had more pollack and a Mack.(new)
Two more species to add to my yak list.........now.......would a Basking shark take a bit of cheese?
The sun shined...but the wind blew and the swell was big at times but flat...a bigger drogue than my H20 one would have been better......
More feathers needed.....i like the plain old fashioned ones ..black or white.....
Pollack

Cod

Cod

Pollack

Mack

All in all a great day out....I released all these...but next time i'm bringing some back for supper...
now to make some Home made feathers.......