29/08/2012

I had a quick look...

I grabbed my fly rod and went on a "no plan" ramble yesterday morning...the only plan was to visit a few marks miles apart and go light on foot.
Once again the water was dirty and unsettled and on three different spots i felt i was wasting my time.
The high-light was a welcome Muffin and coffee in White gate village!
And today the weather is as bad as ever...but a few settled days forecast....I'm on evenings this week so ...when will i get out again?
Also, i damaged my 11ft Fladen rod last Friday...i arrived at the mark and closed the car door on a rod ring....so so silly!
I always watch for this mistake and cant believe i did it! So this morning i removed and re-whipped the new ring on, and its due for an epoxy coating tomorrow. I didn't have black whipping thread, but a deep purple and a Sharpie pen to change it to black....hmmm, once its coated it should be fine?
The mullet are calling me also!
Some size 10 drennan micro barb hooks on the way!
Talk soon.